The Winner of a full set of Willow books (Shining, Diamond and Snow):
- Oungre Public Library and Lyndale School
Runners Up Winners of a set of Shining, Diamond or Snow Willow Books:
- Ecole Holy Mary School,, Martensvillel
- Judge Bryant, Regina
- Fox Valley School
Honorable Mentions winning a selection of titles at various levels:
- Cupar School
- Valley Centre Colony School
- Henry Braun School, Regina
- Ecole Connaught School, Regina
Many of the launch submissions that we received this year included ideas or combinations of ideas from previous years. It is encouraging to see what accommodations are being made around the COVID-19 pandemic guidelines. The constant that is always so good to hear about is the excitement and enjoyment that classes and students are experiencing through their exposure to the Willows, regardless of how it is done.
There were some new variations to note:
- Introducing the books to other classes through teacher created videos.
- Student created booktrailers using WeVideo.
- Booktalks and readings through video chats.
- Partnerships between schools and public libraries with library staff giving booktalks and providing books
- A pre-reading vote called “Judge a Book by It’s Cover” with results compared to post-reading votes.
- A website created to share student reviews of the books read individually and as a class.
- “Get Carried Away With Willow Books” – a hot air balloon delivering Willow books for story times.
- Book brackets continue to be popular and get many classes excited throughout a school.
Thank you to all for the work that you do in promoting reading and the Willows! Thank you for letting others know what you do!