Willow Awards Gala
Saskatchewan Young Readers’ Choice – The Willow Awards invites schools/libraries to apply to host the Annual
What You Need to Know
- The Willow Awards Gala includes the announcement of the Willow Awards winners and the award presentations.
- It is a day event with author readings in the morning and the Gala and reception in the afternoon.
- There is a budget to bring one or more authors to the Gale to provide reading(s) to the host school or library.
- The Gala should be student-centered, involving students in a meaningful way.
- The Gala should not exceed 1 hour in length.
- The Gala should attract some media coverage.
- The Gala is live-streamed when possible.
- The SYRCA Board will reimburse the host school or library for expenses up to a stated limit (generally up to $500).
- The host school or library will receive a set of the 30 books nominated for that year, a willow tree and a commemorative plaque.
- The host school or library must be able to hold the Gala between the dates of May 21 and June 2. Applications outside of these dates may be considered.
- The Board of Directors of SYRCA will announce the successful Gala host in late November and provide them with a board liaison and a binder to help with planning.
Proposal Submission Details:
- Include a description of how students, staff, administration and/or community will be involved in promoting the nominated finalists leading up to the Gala, as well as a brief outline of the Gala program.
- Include the date during the time frame of May 21 to June 2 that the Gala will occur and the location. Applications outside of these dates may be considered.
- To apply to host the Annual Gala, please complete this form by November 15th.
Gala Proposal Submission Online Form:Fill Out Form