Congratulations to The Fan Brothers, Gordon Korman and Eric Walters on their books being chosen by the young people of Saskatchewan as the winners of the 2021 Willow Awards.
Thank you to the honourable Lieutenant Governor, Russ Mirasty, for his remarks.
We are extremely thankful for SaskEnergy’s long time support of the Willow Awards and sponsoring the gala. Thank you to their representative, Allix Schweitzer, for her remarks.
Thank you to the Regina Public Library staff for hosting the 20th Anniversary gala. A special thank you goes out to Robin Berg, Courtney Bates-Hardy, Jo Shepherd and Terry Wiest for all their planning and organization and thank you to Regina Public Library CEO, Jeff Barber, for his greetings.
Thank you to the teachers who helped organize things in the background and to the student announcers from the Huda, Annaheim and Ruth Pawson Schools. A big thank you to Kyler and Janaye from George Lee School for being the MC’s. The Willow Awards is all about giving voice to the young people of Saskatchewan, so having your participation was wonderful.
Everyone who registered to attend the 2022 SaskEnergy 20th Anniversary Gala this June was entered to win an author visit or a set of 2022 Willow finalist books donated by United Library Services. Here are the lucky winners:
- Indian Head Elementary School, Indian Head, won the 2022 Shining Books.
- MacNeill Elementary School, Regina won the 2022 Diamond Books.
- Southeast Regional Library, Weyburn won the 2022 Snow Books.
- Fox Valley School, Fox Valley, won an Eric Walters author visit.
- Ecole Massey Elementary School, Regina, won an Eric Walters author visit.
- Canora Junior Elementary School, Canora, won a Fan Brothers author visit.
- Davidson School, Davidson, won a Fan Brothers author visit.
Finally, thank you to the authors, United Library Services and all who tuned in to celebrate with us! We hope that the awards have introduced you to many wonderful books that you treasure and that you will continue on this literary journey with us in the years to come! Read On!